- Temperature-Sensitive Promotional Label for Absolut Vodka
- ATI Temperature Indicators Ensure Frozen Food Quality and Safety
- ATI’s Freeze Check™ Ensures Fresh Fruit
- Custom Freshness Monitors for Packaged Food
- LOG-IC® 360 Guarantees Perishable Food Safety
- Reducing Claims for Imported Seafood with Temperature Monitoring
- Life Sciences
- Medical Devices
Case Study: Monitoring Surgical Stent Temperatures to Ensure Patient Safety
Prevent temperature-compromised stents from being used in surgical procedures, while ensuring efficient temperature monitoring and documentation of each device.
For years, the medical device industry has used two labels on temperature-sensitive products: a barcode for product information and a temperature indicator to warn of possible product damage. ATI addressed the challenge by combining a 2D barcode with a temperature excursion indicator.
The 2D barcode labels are applied in the initial stage of the packaging process. Since the barcodes must be scanned at various steps during final packaging, this process prevents a stent from being shipped without a temperature label.
The hybrid HTA/2D barcode label solved a dual challenge, while highlighting Boston Scientific’s quality focus. Both time- and cost-savings were achieved with the application and scanning processes reduced from two steps to one. Simplified validation also improves quality of care in surgical centers